- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Clark Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Special Collections
Special Collections Description
Special Collections, including the Schoenfeldt Collection, contains a small, varied collection of books, manuscripts, and scores. Special Collections is house in the Jim and Corrine Serres Room on the Upper Floor. Highlights include a collection of printed scores from the estate of Aaron Copland and a number of religious materials including illuminated manuscript fragments, Psalters, and a copy of the Catholic Ladder. The Schoenfeldt Collection is shelved in a special bookcase on the Lower Floor. It was gifted to the Library from the estate of Fr. Art Schoenfeldt, a beloved member of the Congregation of the Holy Cross. It includes his book collection, focusing on Catholicism and regional history with accompanying ephemera and artifacts.
The Clark Library is also home to the University’s set of the Saint John’s Bible, Heritage Edition. This high quality reproduction of original illuminated manuscript is kept in a special display case on the Main Floor of the library.
Materials in Special Collections are available for use with certain provisions:
- Please call the library 24 hours in advance to arrange use of Special Collections materials. When you schedule the appointment, be prepared to specify which material(s) you wish to view
- Please bring a photo ID. Please show your ID at the Library Service Desk; we will create an account for you so that you can view the materials.
- No photocopying is permitted of Special Collections materials.
- Use of the material will be limited to the area adjacent to the Library Service Desk.
- Access is limited to Monday – Friday 12:00pm – 5:00 pm or by special arrangement.
During other times, including summer session, holidays, and intersessions, use of Special Collections materials is available only by appointment. Check the Library Hours for our current schedule.
Those interested in using materials from Special Collections should ask for assistance at the Library Service Desk, call 503-943-7111, or send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org.