- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Garaventa Center
- Academic Advising
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Wilson W. Clark Memorial Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Reserves Information for Students
Reserves are required readings assigned by faculty that are placed in a special location in the library and given a short loan period. The idea behind reserves is to make them readily available for an entire class to use.
Print and Media reserves: located behind the Service Desk in the Terrace Room Interim Library.
Electronic Reserves: available online, from any computer (on- or off-campus) with internet access.
To find course reserves:
- Go to the UP-only Catalog
- Select "Course Reserves"
- Search by Instructor's name or Course Name/Number
- From the list of reserve materials, find the item that you need.
- If you see "ELECTRONIC COPY AVAILABLE," then click the title of the reserve item to view the full text.
- For print or media reserves, give the call number to the staff person at the Circulation Desk, who will retrieve it from the shelf for you.
Reserve materials generally circulate for 2 hours though a few circulate for 1-2 days.
Because Reserves are needed by an entire class, heavier fines are imposed when they are returned late. Fines for reserves are assessed at $2.00 per item per hour.