- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Clark Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Reserves Information for Students
What are reserves?
Reserves are required readings assigned by faculty that are placed in a special location in the library and given a short loan period. The idea behind reserves is to make them readily available for an entire class to use.
Where and how do I find Reserve materials?
Print and Media reserves: located behind the Library Service Desk.
Electronic Reserves: available online, from any computer (on- or off-campus) with internet access.
To find course reserves:
- Go to the UP-only Catalog
- Select "Course Reserves"
- Search by Instructor's name or Course Name/Number
- From the list of reserve materials, find the item that you need.
- If you see "ELECTRONIC COPY AVAILABLE," then click the title of the reserve item to view the full text.
- For print or media reserves, give the call number to the staff person at the Library Service Desk, who will retrieve it from the shelf for you.
What are the loan periods for reserves?
Reserve materials generally circulate for 2 hours though a few circulate for 1-2 days.
Are there overdue fines for Reserves that are returned late?
Because Reserves are needed by an entire class, heavier fines are imposed when they are returned late. Fines for reserves are assessed at $2.00 per item per hour.