- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Clark Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Reserves FAQ for Students
What are reserves?
Reserves are required readings assigned by faculty that are placed in a special location in the library and given a short loan period. The idea behind reserves is to make them readily available for an entire class to use.
Where and how do I find Reserve materials?
Print and Media reserves: located behind the Library Service Desk.
Electronic Reserves: available online, from any computer (on- or off-campus) with internet access.
To find course reserves:
- Go to Course Reserves
- Login with your UP network username and password
- The first time you login, you will be prompted to confirm your account. Choose the Submit button to complete this process.
- Once you are logged in, you should see a list of your registered courses. Choose a course to see the list of items on reserve for that course.
- Choose a specific reserve item to learn how you may access that item (whether the item is available online, or whether the item may be checked out at the Library Service Desk).
What are the loan periods for reserves?
Course Reserves generally circulate for 4 hours.
Are there overdue fines for Reserves that are returned late?
Because Reserves are needed by an entire class, heavier fines are imposed when they are returned late. Fines for reserves are assessed at $2.00 per item per hour.