- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Clark Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: PDF Troubleshooting Guide
Many library databases, as well as course reserves and articles delivered through interlibrary loan, use the PDF format to deliver the full text of articles. Most patrons have little trouble accessing & viewing these documents. On occasion, however, viewing documents fails because of incompatibilities between the programs involved. Below are the suggested configurations for browser and PDF viewer for both the PC and Mac platforms.
Browser and software recommendations:
- We recommend Adobe Reader version 8.0 (or higher) as the PDF viewer application
- We recommend Firefox or Google Chrome as the preferred browsers.
- Pop-up blockers may interfere with the viewing of PDFs. If you're having trouble viewing, you may want to disable any pop-up blockers that might be in effect.
- Try uninstalling the Adobe Reader software from your computer, then download the newest version of Adobe Reader software.
- Firewalls or security software may also interfere with access to PDF documents. Try temporarily disabling this software before opening an interlibrary loan document.
- Mac users
- Firefox users may need to download a free PDF plug-in to view PDFs
- Safari users - see troubleshooting tips for displaying PDFs in Safari