- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Clark Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Library Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Library Toolbar and Internet Explorer:
While the Firefox version of LibX has been available for some time and is very well tested and stable, the Internet Explorer version is relatively new, and is still considered to be beta software. If you choose to install it, be aware that some of the functions may not work, and that it may cause other problems with your browser. We will update this page with more information on the ongoing development of the Internet Explorer edition as it becomes available.
Update: August 2009 - The library’s Instant Messaging service may not work when the library toolbar is installed in Internet Explorer. Specifically, web pages that include a box for sending a question via IM will not function when the library toolbar is installed. This issue does not occur when using the library toolbar in Firefox.
Installation Instructions:Follow these step-by-step directions, including screen captures, of how to install the library toolbar into Internet Explorer:
- Open the Auto-Install file for Internet Explorer [if possible, install the toolbar during off-peak network hours. The installation might time out during periods of high network usage].
- Choose to Run the file:
- Select run to continue past the security warning:
- Select the Next button to install the toolbar
- Read the Public License and select “I Agree.”
- Choose an Install Location, or keep the default. Select the Install button.
- Wait will the file downloads and installs.
- Start Internet Explorer, and the library toolbar should display.