- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Garaventa Center
- Academic Advising
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Wilson W. Clark Memorial Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Services for Students
- Your UP ID is also a library card. Your UP ID number is needed for off-campus access to the library's online resources, requesting Summit items through UP WorldCat, and for requesting materials in our stored collection during the 2012-2013 interim year.
- Create your UP ILLiad account for requesting and receiving articles and other materials (logon with your network password).
- [optional] Download the library toolbar to your Internet browser for easy navigation to your library account, renewals, catalog searching, subject guides, and more.
- [optional] Create an account in RefWorks, a web-based software program for tracking your literature search and generating pre-formatted APA, MLA, Chicago (and more) style footnotes, in-text citations, and bibliographies.
Librarians or student reference assistants are available to help with research-related questions during all the hours that the Library is open. The Service Desk can also be contacted by phone (503-943-7788), email, Library Chat, or text messaging.
Borrowing & Requesting Materials
Students may borrow books and media items from the Library; all that is needed is a UP ID card and a library barcode number. For more information about borrowing materials, see the Circulation Services FAQ.During the library renovation, most of the collection, including books, journals and media will be stored in the Tyson Garage. The Tyson Garage will not be open to the public; instead, materials may be requested via UP WorldCat or the UP-only catalog. Materials will be delivered to the Terrace Room Interim Library.
Students may also borrow books and media items from 37 libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho via Summit by searching UP WorldCat. Items will arrive within 2-3 business days.
Use Interlibrary Loan to request:
- Journal articles owned by UP
- Journal articles not available at UP
- Books not available through Summit
Items will generally arrive within:
- Journal articles owned by UP (1 day)
- Journal articles not available at UP (3-5 days)
- Books not available through Summit (7-10 days)Course Reserves
Course reserves (including articles, books, and videos) are materials set aside by faculty for a particular class that may be checked out for short time period. To find course reserves for your class, choose the Find Course Reserves link on the library home page. Print and media reserves can be checked out from the Library Service Desk; electronic reserves may be accessed online.
For more information, see Reserves Information for Students.
Services & Resources:
Wireless access is available to UP students, faculty, and staff across campus.
To access the wireless you will need a device with wireless capabilities and a UP network username and password.
For help accessing the wireless, contact the Help Desk (help@up,edu; 503-943-7000), or ask the Lab Assistant in the Franz Hall 111 or Shiley Hall 208 computer labs.Fax Service
The Library Circulation Desk offers a general fax service for current faculty, staff and students needing to send or receive faxes.Multimedia Lab
The Multimedia Lab is available in the Terrace Room Interim Library to help faculty and students in the creation of multimedia projects. There are four iMacs with a variety of video, audio, and graphic design software. Digital recording equipment is also available for checkout and staff are available for assisting users with projects.
For poster-making, go digital and create a paperless work of art. Mlab personnel are available in the Terrace Room to help you find your way. If your needs require a printed product, the Print Shop can print a large format poster from your file.
Tri-fold poster boards will be available for sale in the UP Bookstore.
The Mehling Hall Graphics Lab has poster paper, paints, color paper, and other poster-making supplies. Contact Residence Life (503-943-7205) for more information about using the Mehling Hall Graphics Lab.
Lamination will be available in the Print Shop, located in Buckley Center 22.Media
The Library’s media collection of videos, DVDs, and audio CDs will be housed in closed storage. Media items may be requested online via UP WorldCat or the UP-only Catalog. Materials will be delivered to the Terrace Room Interim Library.
Although most media may be taken off premises, one station for viewing VHS or DVD will be available in the Terrace Room Interim Library.Access for Users with Disabilities
Disabled access will be available via the paved path behind the Commons. Go to the far end of the parking lot between the Commons and the Louisiana-Pacific Tennis Center, then follow the lighted walkway. The arrows on the campus map show the location of the disabled path to the Terrace Room Interim Library.
Persons with disabilities may also call the library at 503-943-7111 to request that materials or assistance be delivered to them on the main level of the Commons.
An Aladdin Reader, which magnifies printed materials, will be available in the Terrace Room Interim Library.
Additional accommodations are provided on an as-needed basis to help patrons with using the facility and collections.
To ensure that a staff member is available, call the Library Service Desk at 503-943-7111 to make an appointment.