- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Clark Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Orbis Cascade Alliance
The Orbis Cascade Alliance is a consortium of 37 academic libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. The consortium includes public and private universities, colleges, and community colleges. See a list of Orbis Cascade Alliance members.
The Orbis Cascade Alliance coordinates Summit, which is included in the UP WorldCat catalog. The Summit system allows patrons at member institutions to request books, sound recordings, films, maps, and more, and have these materials delivered to any member library within 2-3 business days. In addition, patrons may visit any member library and borrow materials with a valid institutional ID card. Learn more about this process:
Request and pick up books from local libraries (Oregon & Washington only)
- If you plan to pick up the book at a library other than University of Portland, you first need to visit the library in person, and identify yourself as a University of Portland student who needs to be adopted into their library system.
- Use UP WorldCat to find a book.
- From the list of search results, choose the title of the book to see the full information about this book.
- Choose Request Summit Item* button.
- On the Choose your library screen, choose the library where you plan to pick up the book. If "University of Portland" is already selected, select choose a different library to select the library where you have been adopted from the list of participating libraries. Choose the Continue button.
- In the boxes provided, enter your Last Name (in lower case letters) and Library Barcode number (usually your UP ID number. If you don't know your barcode number, contact the Library Service Desk at 1-800-841-8261, or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Or, if you have been adopted by another library and you are not sure which barcode to use for the adopted library, please contact that library directly for assistance.
- Choose the Login button. On the following screen, choose the Submit button again to finish the request.
You can return Summit books to the Clark Library or to any participating library. The book will be sent back to the lending library.
* UP WorldCat includes items from regional libraries as well as national/international libraries. For some items, you will see a Request from Interlibrary Loan button rather than a Request Summit Item button. For these items:
- Choose the Request from Interlibrary Loan button, which will redirect you to UP ILLiad, our Interlibrary Loan system.
- Login with your UP network username and password; a book request form should already be filled out with the information about this book.
- Choose the Submit Request button; the book will be mailed to you within 10-14 business days.
- You may return the book via U.S. mail (allow 3 days for priority mail or 4-7 days for parcel post). Each book will have an insert explaining how to return it and a "Ship to" label for your convenience. You are responsible for the return postage. Alternately, you may return the book directly to the Clark Library.
The Orbis Cascade Alliance also coordinates group purchases of electronic resources, facilitates the Northwest Digital Archives, and provides many other services. See more information about the Orbis Cascade Alliance.