- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Clark Library
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7111 or 800-841-8261
- fax: 503-943-7491
Library: Orbis Cascade Alliance
The Orbis Cascade Alliance is a consortium of 37 academic libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. The consortium includes public and private universities, colleges, and community colleges. See a list of Orbis Cascade Alliance members.
The Orbis Cascade Alliance coordinates Summit, which is included in UP Library Search. The Summit system allows patrons at member institutions to request books, sound recordings, films, maps, and more, and have these materials delivered to any participating library within 2-3 business days. In addition, patrons may visit any member library and borrow materials with a valid ID card from any Orbis Cascade Alliance institution. Learn more about this process:
Check out books from local libraries (Oregon & Washington only)
- If you plan to pick up the book at a library other than University of Portland, you first need to visit the library in person, and identify yourself as a University of Portland student who needs to be adopted into their library system.
- In order to pick up books at another library where you have been adopted, you will need to request items through the library catalog of the library that has adopted you.
- Go to the home page of the adopting library, connect to their library catalog, and search for an item that you wish to request.
- From the list of search results, choose the Get It link. (Note: some libraries may use different labels for the "Get It" link, such as "Find & Request")
- Look for a link or button to "Sign in" in order to see requesting options. Sign in using the credentials provided to you by the adopting library. If you are not sure how to sign in, please contact the adopting library for assistance.
- After signing in, you should see a link to request the item. Choose this link to make your request.
- You should receive an email when the item is ready to be picked up at the adopting library.
You can return Summit books to the Clark Library or to any participating library. The book will be sent back to the lending library.
The Orbis Cascade Alliance also coordinates group purchases of electronic resources, facilitates the Northwest Digital Archives, and provides many other services. See more information about the Orbis Cascade Alliance.